Saturday, October 13, 2007


Life can be difficult, the road sometimes takes long and dark detours, but keeping your eyes ever upward and your heart within His hands, He sees us through.

I lost a very good friend to cancer last year, she was young, full of life and a wonderful mother. We had been very good friends since Blue Mountain Academy. She was my Maid of Honor and I was hers. We talked on the phone often, even though we lived miles apart. I always looked forward to hearing her voice and listening to her speak about her children, she loved them SO much. She was like a sister to me and now that she is gone, I realize how much she really meant. I miss her and some days, I find myself enjoying memories of our families experiences together. She will always be missed. I look forward to the day, when we can be reunited in heaven.

I praise God because there is more than this earth and what it offers. God has a place for His children with no more tears or pain. So as I take each day, I look beyond the blue skies... and long for His return! I know one day, we will understand why she had to die, but for now we keep looking into our Saviours eyes, and give Him praise, for conquering death and giving us the gift of eternal life through Jesus, His only begotten Son!

No comments: